Saturday, September 27, 2008

In Nairobi and leaving today

Danny and I have most definitely had the experience of a lifetime. I just wish I could put heaps of pics up to show you all but that will have to wait until we get back to Australia on the 22nd October or maybe some after we get to the States and I can buy a new computer mouse. I can't stand using this mousepad deal on the laptop.


I think the most spectacular thing is that all the animals are literally all together .. living in the same space, area, plain! We got up so close to them that the first fews days I was at times quite frightened. I could actually touch the rhino.


We have over 800 photos and as much as I don't like showing here unedited ones I hope the following give you an idea of what we experienced.











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW

Anonymous said...

WOW! Who needs editing....these pictures are amazing !!! Can definitely understand being scared while that 'up close & personal'.

Sorry it didn't worry out for you to blog along the way, but happy to know the safari was all you & Danny wanted it to be.

Lions & leopards & hippos....oh, my!

Auntie Em

Anonymous said...

Oops! I put my comment under the wrong post! Oh well, you'll either see it or not.

What great pictures! You sure were up close and personal at times! Truly a memorable time for you both.

Miss you, hugs, Cappy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous pics! Definetly looks like you and Danny are having quite the lifetime experience! Pleased for you both! :>)

Unknown said...

Hey mum,

I love the pics and from my childhood i can remember how much you love hippo's.

Kath and i can't wait to see you when you get home and celebrate our engagement.In my typical style i did it when you are away.

Ill start cleaning the house up, who would have thought i could fit 150 people in it. Don't worry they all had fun:)

Lots of love
Matt